hammocks and jammed posts

Hi, I bought one of those Homebase type hammocks which have support posts ( about 4 inch square) inserted into 2 metal support brackets at an angle of roughly 45 degrees tothe horizontal which act as the base.

Trouble is although Ive removed the nuts and bolts the wooden posts remain jammed in due them getting damp in the rain.

No matter how much we try to pull to extract them we cant get them out - I'd be gratfeul if anyone has any ideas how to etract the wooden posts from the metal base - similar to the way in which fence posts fit into their metal bases.

Many Thanks .

Chris

Reply to
chris

let it dry and shrink

Reply to
mrcheerful

Drying them is probably the answer if you want to preserve the posts.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Angle grinder

Reply to
6

Knock two (Old) largeish flat blade screwdrivers into the posts at 45 deg downwards into the posts where they meet the metal (at 180 deg to each other) then lever both down and the post will come up :-)

Reply to
Staffbull