halogen downlighters

I went to install some MR11 (the smaller size sealed unit) 20W halogen downlighters in the lighting panels above my new bedroom wardrobes and the instructions say not to mount these in flammable surfaces such as pine cladding ceilings.

Do MDF wardrobes count as flammable because I've seen these lights used countless times like this in all the suppliers (mine is from Wickes)

Thanks

Reply to
Mike

I have insatlled mine in the lighing pelmet above the doors,you will find that you have to pack the pelmet to gain clearance from door opening.As long as you do not cover these units from above or have the door open for any length of time directly under the light source.

No problems with my installation also Wikes

Reply to
Alex

Thanks. Any ideas if the same applies to a wooden ceiling - I was intending to put them in that later.

Reply to
Mike