Teleseal 10 - anyone used it ?

I'm fiting the new bathroom tomorrow and can't decide on which tile / bath interface sealing system to use. has anyone used this:

good on paper, wonder how it is round baths and showers.

tia

RT

Reply to
R Taylor

My experience is if the bath has been fitted correctly and is of good quality. Silicon rubber high modulus sealant shoud have enough flexibility to cope with any of the bath to wall thermal movement.

One big reservation I have with Teleseal is the corners how are they sealed is there an overlapping corner piece.

Finally there is a lot more nooks and crannies to clean with Teleseal. If silicon rubber get soiled or fungi stain it is easily removed and cheap to replace.

MikeS

Reply to
MikeS

is the wisdom of brother in law (plumber) but he stick sinks to the wall with silicone and doesn't bother with screws, claims it's v. effective.

proper mitred joints, for the purpose of. sealed end caps, too. and I have to say it does look very neat on paper and in the brochures.

I'll be long gone by the time any mould appears :-)

suppose I'll have to have a punt and see how it goes.

RT

Reply to
R Taylor

Can't answer that, I'm afraid. However, one tactic that I have found useful is to apply the sealant round the edge of the bath while it is full of water - to simulate the weight of a normal depth of bathwater, plus the bather. If there is any tendency for the rim to sink under the weight, and it WILL move at least a little, then you are applying the sealant to the maximum gap and it will compress slightly when the bath is empty. This, I believe, is better than applying it to the minimum gap and have it stretch when the bath is filled.

This worked a treat at my last house, where there was a fair bit of movement of the rim, and the sealant used to fail relatively quickly if I applied it when the bath was empty. Applying sealant when it was full was very successful, and I didn't have to redo the sealant again.

You have to leave the water in the bath until the sealant has cured, obviously, and it is a bit inconvenient having to lean over a full bath - you tend to get wet elbows etc.!

HTH

Rick

Reply to
Richard Sterry

I'm just about to purchase Teleseal for an existing bath, and foun this forum, and as nobody has anything bad to say, that's reassuring!

The info says it will allow for 10mm of deflection, so the tip abov might be academic

-- Andrew Clarkson

Reply to
Andrew Clarkson