Gridwatch news.

Tilbury biomass seems to be off line But wind is actually producing something today. And the Eirgrid east-west connector is showing signs of life. We seem to be dumping power to Irish Republic today. Nuclear looks very sick though. Lot of reactors down at the moment.

This could be a tricky winter..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's been chugging along at half a gigawatt for quite a while. Perhaps they need to sweep the chimney? B-)

It's damn windy here, F7 to F8 with gusts to 50mph. Surprised that wind hasn't had to shut down 'cause it's too windy.

Where does that run from and to?

We are nearly always sending power to the Irish.

It's dropped a couple of GW in the last few days.

Did you spot the OCGT during the 1800 peak on, I think, Friday last week?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Wind has hit the 4.5 GW mark. That's the highest I've seen. Gonna have to increase the scale on that gauge.

Whitelee wind farm next door to me has now started up some of the new 2 MW turbines that they installed recently - and it's going like the clappers !

Vic

the light on in Dublin I think.

But not the republic..

I missed that, but its the second time his year then,. also the oil station.

I think we will need the bloody lot this winter

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's usually when we get busy; but things seem to be a bit slack

Reply to
newshound

Electrically from North of Dublin to West of Chester

Reply to
The Other Mike

Oil doing 200 MW as I type and I see coal is down at least 2 to 3 GW all today from where it has been (20 GW ish) during the day for quite a while. Nuclear has come back a bit.

Current demand is 46.83 GW the 1800 peaks have been >50 GW recently where is that 4+ GW going to come from gas & pumped & oil?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Looks like one coal plant or more is off for the weekend..that's normal. In general without breaking the bank there's 22 coal, 20 gas 6 nuclear - that's 48 before you even scratch around the rest.

And the rest? well there's 700MW of wood, 200MW+ of oil, similar OCGT so that's another gig and a couple of gig of hydro/pumped. Esp. after all this rain.. so 52 with no wind at all. Really you want to totally ignore wind for available capacity, because you can't turn it on when you need it.

There's a bit of Irish OCGT too which reflects into lower drain to Ireland .

I've upped the wind meter to 5.5GW.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher