biomass boiler

I want to install a vigas wood burning boiler in my house. All of the plumbers I have tried say they have never installed one and so will not attempt to fit it.

I need to fit a large accumulator tank (1000 lts) and the diagrams I have seen seem straight forward enough, Is this a simple task to do myself? I consider myself to be very competent person re DIY.

is the web site

Reply to
kd

It's a lot more work that a gas boiler and the bits are heavier too. I never got involved with the wet side but fitting flues and silos was straightforward, lots of nuts and bolts though. I couldn't envisage doing one by myself.

There are requirements under the building regulations that make domestic fittings a bit problematic, there's not an easy way around un vented systems. Also HETAS rules mean you miss out on cheaper self certification unless you get registered.

AJH

Reply to
AJH