Gloss/Satin

Two tins of Wilkinsons One Coat paint, both solvent based, both with the same dire warnings about high VOCs.

The gloss is interior & exterior, the satin only interior.

Why's that then?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Non-gloss paints include additives that have a side-effect of increasing the surface area. That makes the finish more susceptible to damage from water.

Reply to
Bernard Peek

Sandtex do their 10 year exterior paint range in both gloss and satin.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Johnstones also started to offer a Stormshield exterior satin last year (or possibly 2012). V nice stuff but I wish I could get a better discount from the local Leyland Decorating Centre when I can't find an offer to ask them to price -match ;(

Reply to
Robin

That's the theory I think. All paints start off as gloss and things are added to make them matt

Reply to
stuart noble

Yer but, no but, yer but....I looked at the Crown range today & both said they were OK for int/ext :-(

Reply to
The Medway Handyman