Glasses on Line

Hi all Some time ago there was a thread about buying glasses on line and some suppliers were recomended,unfortunatly I didn't bookmark so can anyone remind me please? Thanks John Gifford

Reply to
John Gifford

Good idea. The one I bookmarked, though, disappeared shortly after the thread! I'll see if I still have the bookmark somewhere.

Reply to
Davey

I've used

for a few years & found them excellent.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I looked at the online suppliers when I had my last pair. ASDA were cheaper and they measure and fit them.

Reply to
dennis

I bookmarked it, but can't read it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In australia I got prescription glasses for $18 inc delivery from,

F Murtz

+1, for and for SWTNFI.
Reply to
Bob Eager

Which June 2012: Which? investigates the world of low-cost glasses and finds potentially dangerous specs for sale online

Allan

Reply to
Bob Eager

I didn't see the Which report, did it hint at where these dangerous specs were coming from?

Some online opticians are also B&M practices and some aren't and either may well buy their product finished from the same wholesalers who supply the industry, so no diff.

And it's really quite difficult to make a pair of glasses so badly that they would be deemed dangerous.

Reply to
R D S

Grimly Curmudgeon

It's a bit overblown really - the problems are with varifocals and bifocals, not single vision lenses. Just skimmed it, but I think the problems were just getting the eyes in the wrong place.

Reply to
Clive George

Thanks again. John Gifford

Reply to
John Gifford

You wouldn't say "just" if you wore varifocals with the lenses in the wrong place.

Reply to
dennis