Generic control knobs for electrical devices

I have a Bionaire fan heater with a broken control knob. I've Googled the support people and talked to them but they don't stock any spares.

I am having trouble locating anywhere that supplies generic spares.

Round knobs which fit onto a 'D' shaped shaft are very common on electronic devices so in theory there should be a generic replacement out there somewhere.

Thanks for any pointers.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Maplin?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

'distributors' since I assume you don't need a bagful.

Reply to
grimly4

Junk shop selling old radios?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Hi David If you have a photo of the remaining bits or can draw up a simple sketch then I've probably got something suitable here.... which I'll happily post to you.

Adrian (email address works)

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Make your mind up! do you want round or pointers?

Round here

like this?
spares are a good source of various knobs which usually fit standard pot sizes, and can be had with legends that go up to 10 (11 is not unheard of!)

John

Reply to
JohnW

In message , David WE Roberts writes

I prolly have loads - post a photo or send to snipped-for-privacy@cetltd.com and I'll see what I can do

Reply to
geoff

Thanks for responses so far. Detail to be assembled tomorrow.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

google guitar knobs - there's a supplier of just about every knowb thats ever been made that I found that way.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Except that the best ones go up to 11, prolly burn the heater out in overdrive

Reply to
geoff

Ah - CPC, Farnell, RS and others. So probably best to use traditional methods instead of a general search on Google :-) Thanks

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Ebay

Reply to