Gas tarriffs

There's 15 times as many people in the UK as NZ. So 15 times as many DIYers and problems! However most of your problems seem to be involving heating and solid walls that are hard to put wiring and plumbing into.

Reply to
Matty F

Yes the south of the South Island is cold in winter. Auckland and north of there doesn't really have a winter. I am able to grow tomatoes in winter on my deck, and I used to grow bananas at my last two houses.

Reply to
Matty F

So the same as the UK where average temperatures vary wildly from one end of the country the other.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Mark, have you considered trying uswitch with the highest value possible? Also, note that it won't quote every company; I think there may be a kickback involved, but don't take this for granted. Have you got access to Which?

If you haven't already done it, you may want to consider cavity wall insulation. Talk to your energy supplier; they can help with the costs irrespective of your financial status. In fact I think you can talk to any energy supplier about it.

HTH,

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

More relevant, trying it with an annual consumption rather than basing the usage on the last three months which will of course be higher than normal.

Reply to
Clive George

Sorry about that; I was mistaken.

Reply to
David

Yes, one surprise a few years back was to discover that Auckland is nearer to the equator than Melbourne (where I am)

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Because its a f*ck of a long way back to civilisation ?

Reply to
geoff

No, they do seem to list companies, even if there is no referral signup option - such as Ebico.

My preferred one is Energylinx

Reply to
chris French

You're right, we don't have Charles and Camilla here, or Morris dancers. But neither do we have a nuclear power station that has to be renamed whenever it splatters plutonium all over the beaches :)

Reply to
Matty F

I think you'll find you do

We even had a morris side in Indonesia - gave the locals a laugh , that did

If you connected the top of North island to the one of the glaciers in the south, you could have a really serious heat pump

Reply to
geoff