Frost-Free problem

last year we decided to replace our 20-year+ Electrolux fridge freezer. Did some homework and then ordered a Hotpoint FF90?, and when it arrived, we put the old one in the garage, pending disposal. However, it only took a day or so to reveal a problem which we simply hadn't considered- noise!
At certain times, in a quiet kitchen, the noise was just unacceptable. I've learned since that it would be a fan. It was returned and the original one re-instated. the time is approaching though when this will have to be replaced.
Has anyone else suffered from this? Is there any way at all of knowing beforehand just how loud a new model will be? Stockists and manufacturers are a little cagy when the subject is raised, which makes me fear the worst.
Regards and thanks in advance
Pat Macguire

ordinary
at
buy
use
The ice you wants also disappears as quickly as the ice you don't.
Using them fairly infrequently, I can never find ice cubes in my fridge when I want them. I can only assume that the mechanism which removes ice from the walls of my fridge removes them from the ice cube tray also.
I have to admit, though, that I don't miss the defrosting process, which was always a major undertaking since I never did it often enough.
Barbara

Did
put
or
I've
one
worst.
Do you live in a flat where the bedroom is close to the kitchen? We have a noisy fridge freezer (Electrolux) but normally closing the kitchen door is enough to get rid of the noise.
PJ wrote:

Noise not a probelm with my Bosch FF fridge freezer. It does make an occasional 'crack' sound which is off-putting though. My old girlfriends cheap Servis FF fridge freezer did not have bad fan noise either but you could hear swooshing quit4e regularly.
Toby.

day
manufacturers
ordinary
at
buy
use
I have had a Whirlpool Frost-free fridge, which was replaced a year-and-a-half ago with a Maytag frost-free fridge. I don't recall either fridge being that noisy, except when the whirlpool was on its last legs and you could hear it all over the house. It's a good thing, too, since we don't have a kitchen door to close!
Dawn

freezer.
we
original
knowing
put
checking
and
I have an Amana FF side-by-side and the only noise I hear is the ice dropping into the bin. My mother had a GE FF refrigerator, circa 1971 that was very noisy.

arrived,
unacceptable.
be
the
never
they
either
that
Occasionally, I hear ice dropping and the icemaker filling with water, if other things in my house aren't noisy and I happen to be paying attention.
Dawn