Noisy Skandanove freezer - is this normal ?

My father has a Skandinova frost-free freezer, which he bought from Currys when his old freezer caught fire ! Understandably he is a bit timid with domestic appliances now, and is worried that the new freezer makes a lot of noise. He has asked at Currys to listen to a shop floor model running, but they can't/won't let him. They have told him to call the technical support line (which he has, several times), but this only gives access to a secretary for arranging an engineer home visit. The secretary cannot let my father-in-law speak to an engineer (he simply wants to ask about noise levels); if he calls out an engineer and the noise level is normal then he'll be charged for a service visit. Does anyone have practical experience of new Skandinovas ? The noise is not associated with the compressor motor (seperate sound), but starts suddenly and comes from about 1/2 way up the back. I personally think it may be a frost-free fan, but I can't check for him as he lives 250 miles away. Any help much appreciated, Debbie

Reply to
wide load