fl125 Suzuki timing chain

Anybody know how to adjust the timing chain on a 125 Suzuki address

I have looked for a manual but it is strange, the absence of anything on the internet about this UK bike.

It appears the world has a 150 version of the engine but I cannot find any information for either version

thanks for any help

Gary

Reply to
Gary

x-posted

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Suzuki camchain tensioners on their 125 singles are automatic.

Reply to
The Older Gentleman

If that is the case then the light taping/jingly sound I have when it is cold must be something else. Any ideas?

Gary

Reply to
Gary

It's ChristMAAAS!

Reply to
Pip

Seriously though, it could be one of several things. A lot depends on the mileage, servicing and use of the little beast.

The auto-adjuster could be malfunctioning or broken. If the oil hasn't been changed frequently it could be gunged up. If it's been to the moon and back, the chain may have worn sufficiently to be slack, the tensioner having reached its limit, or the chain could be shagged in itself.

If there's a rubber coating on the tensioner, this may have worn out. If it's been regularly thrashed from cold, it might all be shagged. It might be a broken valve spring - or come to that, a tired or snapped spring or bit of loose metal anywhwere.

On the other hand, it might be your keys jingling against a bit of metal.

Reply to
Pip

Pip burbled...

I love it when the FOAK nails down a problem to the *exact* cause...

Reply to
frag

You are Bananaman AICMF Bananas.

Reply to