fixing shower tray

Problem: Walls out of alignment in corner of bathroom. Walls already tiled. Corner tray placed into corner leaves gap of about 5mm between wall and shower try for about 2 feet along one wall (the space tapers away). Should I just pack out with grout and then silicone on top? ..or what?

If I put the tray further into wall the shower enclosure will not fit.

Suggestions appreciated.

Robert

Reply to
yourashower

Stuff the join with silicone than use silicone to fix a quadrant trim to cover the gap - they look better than bare silicone and are much tougher. Or - remove bottom row of tiles, fit tray, retile (and still fit quadrant trim).

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave

Thanks for taking the time to reply....

  1. don't have enough tiles to re-tile, sadly, and can't find anymore beyond what I need to extend the tiled wall area around the new shower enclosure. However, if I was to re-tile we wouldn't manage to lose the fact that the corner is >90 degrees, so there would still be the gap.

  1. When you say "quadrant trim" ... would a plastic quadrant trim, siliconed on, be much better than, say, cementing a row of quad. tiles and grouting them? For some reason a convex plastic trim not entered my mind!

Robert

Reply to
yourashower

... snipped

You need to guarantee a seal, using a continuous trim gives less opportunity for gaps. Also, you can fill the space behind with silicone so if anything gets around the trim it won't go further.

Tile shops sell a range of them, some are ceramic look-alikes in various colours and effects.

Dave

Reply to
Dave