Fitting your own combi

if the pipe is left without shielding, depending on the location etc.? What confuses me is how they blew off the upper brick's face when drilling through as the hole doesn't even come through it. Unless of course they needed some clearance to add solder to the joint and decided to bash all around the hole.

I just saw a real quality bodge, yesterday, running pipes externally. Must take a few pics next time I pass that way.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

These were Chinese Cowboys, unregistered for sure. These pictures were put up a couple of months ago but you've joined us more recently.

I was hoping to get them published in the "Gas Installer" but I haven't heard back from them as yet, which might mean they aren't going to?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The issue is not with running the pipes externally, the replacement pipe does this. The issue is the routing, the excessive length, the workman ship, the lack of sleeving through walls, and lack of support.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Does anybody know if 'self-employed person' includes me renovating a house I own (for profit hopefully when I eventually sell it), or does it just refer to me installing for somebody else and getting paid for it?

Thanks in anticipation.

Reply to
Andy Palmer

| > "(3) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraphs (1) and (2) = above=20 | > and subject to paragraph (4) below, no employer shall allow any of = his=20 | > employees to carry out any work in relation to a gas fitting or = service=20 | > pipework and no self-employed person shall carry out any such work, = unless=20 | > the employer or self-employed person, as the case may be, is a member= of a=20 | > class of persons approved for the time being by the Health and Safety= =20 | > Executive for the purposes of this paragraph." |=20 | Does anybody know if 'self-employed person' includes me renovating a = house I=20 | own (for profit hopefully when I eventually sell it), or does it just = refer=20 | to me installing for somebody else and getting paid for it?

This will probably follow the tax rules. If you live in the house for ????? years or more it is DIY, if less it is a business.=20

--=20 Dave Fawthrop

17,000 free e-books at Project Gutenberg!
Yorkshire Dialect go to
Dave Fawthrop

| > "(3) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraphs (1) and (2) above | > and subject to paragraph (4) below, no employer shall allow any of his | > employees to carry out any work in relation to a gas fitting or service | > pipework and no self-employed person shall carry out any such work, unless | > the employer or self-employed person, as the case may be, is a member of a | > class of persons approved for the time being by the Health and Safety | > Executive for the purposes of this paragraph." | | Does anybody know if 'self-employed person' includes me renovating a house I | own (for profit hopefully when I eventually sell it), or does it just refer | to me installing for somebody else and getting paid for it?

This will probably follow the tax rules. If you live in the house for ????? years or more it is DIY, if less it is a business.

Thanks Dave. This is as I suspected. Andy.

Reply to
Andy Palmer

I doubt it. The way I understand it is simply if you do the work directly for reward. You can have anyone do the work for you, doesn't have to be the householder/houseowner providing they're not doing it for direct reward.

Reply to
daddyfreddy