Fitting Thermostatic Radiator Valves, Plastic Pipe, 15mm > 10mm reducers.

Hi,

I wanted to ask a quick bit advice on fitting a couple of TRV's to my bedroom radiators.

I have 2 TRVs with compression fittings which are by the looks of it

15mm fittings, but its also supplied with 8mm and 10mm reducers and olives.

My pipe is hep2o plastic pipe at 10mm. Depending on the state of the olives and pipe inserts on the existing two valves I am replacing I will either try to use the existing ends or if not possible cut the pipe and fit new olives and new pipe inserts.

The hep2o website recommends copper olives for compression joints, I believe the ones supplied with the TRV are brass. Should this be a cause for concern?

Do I basically fit the reducer in the bottom of the valve, put the nut and olive on the pipe and clamp upto the valve? (possible wrapping the olive in PTFE)

Is there something more to it than that? I can't seem to find any basic plumbing instructions for fitting TRVs especially when it involves reducers. The instructions with the valve seem more concerned with the operation, not the installation.

Any advice is always great fully received.

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Myers

It always worries me when I see micro-bore pipe (copper or plastic) connected directly to radiator valves because of susceptibility to knocks from vacuum cleaners etc.

My preference would be to use a short length of 15mm *copper* pipe - preferably going down through the floor, and *then* joining onto the micro-bore, using a suitable reducer, somewhere where it doesn't show. If you use a 15mm to 10mm pushfit reducer - with an insert in the plastic pipe, of course - it's all very easy to assemble.

Reply to
Set Square

ZHAOWEI Product---Small Gear Reducer The purpose of a ZHAOWEI gear reducer is to increase the available torq ue output from a motor while decreasing its output speed. Using a ZHAOWEI gear reducer has many advantages. A ZHAOWEI gear reduce r can be coupled to a wide variety of motors, therefore a customer's applic ation is no longer limited by the availability of a particular brand of mot or. Another advantage is that expensive motors can be replaced with smaller , less expensive motors and a ZHAOWEI gear reducer, resulting in a consider able cost savings and (in most cases) an increase in usable power. Also, re placement parts for ZHAOWEI gear reducers are readily available and in most cases can be shipped the same day they are ordered. ZHAOWEI gear reducers can be used in a multitude of applications wherev er there is a requirement for high torque/low speed output, including smart home & household application, medical devices, industry equipments and aut omobile, etc. Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd URL:

Contact: Annie Liu Tel?+86-755-27322652 Fax?+86-755-27323949 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@zwgearbox.com Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao?an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China

Reply to
zwgearbox

Glad that is settled then.. Where is that 12 bore spam killer... Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff