Fitting stair runner round corners

I want to fit a narrow runner to a eight tread staircase that turns 180 degrees top to bottom (in an old house, beside the chimney). Is there a trick to how one deals with the "surplus" carpet which arises from making a straight carpet runner go "round the bend" of the stairs? Ideally, I would like to use stair rods either with or without additional fixing. Any hints and tips would be very gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Andrew

fold that is on the riser. But if too much to do this, I guess you have to cut some bits out. Unless you cut some slots in the risers and post the excess through ! The excess has to go somewhere. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

As the previous poster says. If you have to cut the carpet, use gripper strips to hold the cut carpet in position, I have carpeted my stairs in sections, and stuffed the carpet in between a pair of gripper strips, on at the back of each tread, the other at the bottom of each riser. Get the spacing of the grippers and the direct the grip tacks correct and it'll stay in position nicely.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Thanks for the responses.