Faulty Jaguar Combi Boiler

Have a Jaguar Combi Boiler, and a fault has developed.

Pressurised Central Heating circuit OK, but hot water fires up when hot water taps are not open. Have had to switch of water circuit to save gas!!

How and where can I obtain information/manual (technical) to trace exact fault and find a solution.

Thanks

Martin

Reply to
Mr Martin David Roebuck

I don't know that model at all, but first guess would be that the flow switch has got stuck on. Another possibility is if it has a feature to keep the water in the heat exchanger hot to reduce cold running time, maybe this got switched on where it was previously off?

There's usually a flow chat in the servicing instructions which come with the boiler. If you don't have them, they may be available to download from manufacturer's website, or they may pop a copy in the post.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Flow switch stuck in 'flow' position?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Peter,

Thanks for prompt response.

Is it just a matter of swapping the faulty part with a new part? I have access to a CORGI registered gas engineer, what do I tell him so he can fix the fault?

Thanks,

Martin

Reply to
Mr Martin David Roebuck

Jaguar combis are Plumb Centres own brand made by Hepworth Heating. Start by contacting either Plumb Centre local branch or Hepworth Heating for an installation and maintenance leaflet which includes a fault finding chart

Reply to
John

From what I can determine 'Jaguar' are rebadged Glow-worm boilers.

Have phoned number on User Instruction manual and left message on answer machine. Have had a return phone call. Have been given two numbers to call. One for DIYers at 50p per min, and another for CORGI registered engineers (they have to quote their Reg CORGI number) at ordinary phone call rates.

I was hoping via newsgroup to get an answer 'free of charge'. But typical of todays society - you don't get owt for nowt.

I can but try!!

Thanks from,

Martin.

Reply to
Mr Martin David Roebuck

Not a problem Pick up yellow pages turn to heating engineers pick a nice advert that includes a CORGI reg no And try some identity theft

Reply to
DaveWu