Erbauer Importers

Page 1 of 2
Hi I'm trying to order a spare part for an Erbauer Saw. I've tried Screwfix to no avail. Does anyone know who the 'real' importers of Erbauer tools is or have a contact for the manufacturers.
TIA Graham Mead

Have you actually tried googling for them. I just did and I can see several distributors
--
geoff

Hi Geoff,
I've tried googling for them and, apart from Screwfix, the hits are for shopping sites that link through to Screwfix. What search term did you use that turned up alternative distributors?
TIA
Mike

Well this was the first. http://www.shopv.co.uk/productfinder/ERBAUER-12V-DRILL-DRIVER.html
Having looked at the second, yes it is indeed Screwfix
then there's
http://search.kelkoo.co.uk/sitesearch/search.jsp?siteSearchQuery=Erbauer + &x6&y=6
email them and ask
Are they German or Septic?
I tried "Erbauer Bohrmaschine" and the company didn't jump out of the page and hit me
--
geoff

Definitely sterile. Nothing around at all......

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Hi geoff,
Yes I have, even just using Erbauer as the keyword I have yet to find a link which doesn't actually point to screwfix!
According to their blurb they are the exclusive sellers of Erbauer. What I need is not a seller of the saws but someone who can get me a spare part.
What specific links are you referring to? I would be very grateful if you could give me an example.
Graham
Graham Mead wrote:

I think it's a Screwfix exclusive sourced in the far east, so don't think there is a support network for it. The only thing I can deduce from searching is that Erbauer is German for 'designer'. You may be able to use the ~2 year guarantee to get it sorted.
--
Toby.

More "constructor"
--
geoff

On 20 Dec 2003 15:27:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@fsmail.net (Graham Mead) wrote:

I'm pretty certain that it's Screwfix's private label name. Have you asked them what the service arrangement is? Even with a private label product, one would expect that they have a 3rd party service company at least. However, it may be that Screwfix are simply playing the numbers game and replacing products in warranty (and perhaps just outside if you squeeze them), and beyond that it is assumed that the customer will write the product off.
Presumably, these products come with some sort of warranty, although legally you would have some level of redress (Sale of Goods Act etc) with Screwfix anyway since they are the retailer. However, at the price points, I doubt if you would be able to push it much beyond the warranty period, since the law looks at reasonableness in the sense of what you paid for what you got.
A lot of these private label power tools are generic products originating from mainland China. The other option could be to look at other own label products in the DIY stores etc. and see whether they are the same.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
(Graham Mead)

Erbauer is supposed to German. probably with far eastern parts.

I don't believe so. A search on several German tool sites as well as with other keywords like Werkzeug (tool) and Sge (saw) does not reveal anything.
Erbauer means "design" or an alterntive to "build".
I would say that it's more likely to be a name picked by a marketing department for Screwfix......

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
writes

Well the word is german, but not a company with a web presence that I can find.
Apart from the name what makes you think it's german?
--
geoff

(Graham Mead)

Screwfix said so when they first introduced the range. Probably Kress rebadged.

Well I've searched in English and German and that's all I seem to have come up with. I've found architects, mystics and gliders and finally a german site which had a logo and a sentence which translates as "Our website is not available at the moment"
Have a look at http://diytools.com /
email me the part number and I'll pop in to see them. They're just around the corner from me
--
geoff

snipped-for-privacy@fsmail.net (Graham Mead) wrote in message

Graham,
Try:
www.rexon.co.uk.
HTH
Mike
Hi guys,
Wow, thanks for the responses! I've had this problem before with Screwfix stuff i.e non-existent makers :-).
Mike - Do you think that Erbauer is actually Rexon, or imported by them?
Geoff - Thanks for the offer, if I don't get anywhere with Rexon I will E-Mail you the part number and I would be very very grateful if you could ask diytools for me in the new year! I'll let you know either way. BTW followed the links you sent me but all roads led to Screwfix aaaaargh! There is even an Erbauer.com but you've guessed it.. &*%$^ Screwfix.
best regards and Happy Xmas
Graham Mead
"Graham Mead" wrote

Erbauer is a brand name owned by Screwfix (you can check this on www.patent.gov.uk - trademarks), launched fairly recently. The range is sourced from a number of suppliers in the Far East.
What was the tool you were interested in? Very doubtful that you will get any sort of spare parts service directly from the factory (all are from China), your best bet is via Screwfix themselves. As far as I know (I am in the business) they do not have much in the way of after-sales care / spare parts service.
I didn't see the OP, so what was the part you needed?
All it is, is the plastic insert where the blade enters the saw table. My current one has got a bit chewed with use.
On 23 Dec 2003 01:01:43 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@fsmail.net (Graham Mead) wrote:

Couldn't you make one from ply? or some engineering plastic?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
snipped-for-privacy@fsmail.net (Graham Mead) wrote in message

Hi Graham,
As far as I know, the mitre saw is actually made by Rexon who manufacture and sell under their own name and rebadge their stuff for others. I don't think they import other people's products in the same way as NuTool and Power Devil, but I'd suggest you give them a call to check. The number's on the website. They're based in Rotherham.
Have Screwfix been no help? They've given me contact details of service agents in the past with no problems, although not for Erbauer as I've never asked.
Mike