Enamel cracked on new bath.

Hi, I fitted a new bath about three months ago and have noticed that there are some brown marks under one of the taps. It looks like the enamel has cracked and the bath has started to rust. I spoke to the merchant where I bought the bath and he said that they will get a rep from the company to come out and see it, but in the past they have always said that it was because the taps were over tightened. If this was the case then I can't see how I could have done this - there was a rubber washer at both the top and the bottom of the taps which I presume would has spread any excess pressure. Nor do I think that I over tightened.

Does anyone have any idea on what could have happened ? Whats the best way to deal with the rep ? I think that he'll see a diy'er and say that it was me regardless !

Oh Yeah, if it was me then that's fine - I'll buy or repair the bath but I honestly don't think that it was me so I'm not tying to con the rep !

Cheers Lc

Reply to
Lc

Most taps these days seem to come with plastic back nuts. If you've cracked a bath tightening a plastic nut, then I'd say the bath was weak/flawed to start with!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

[...]

There sounds like a con, but I don't think it's you either.

Reply to
EricP