Emuslion on lining paper

Hi

When I have previously used lining paper I have left it a week or so to dry. Upon painting it I get lots of bubbles that shrink back and eventually it looks ok. A decorator told me to emulsion it straight away and this stops that happening and gives a better finish?

Is this true? If so, how long should I really leave it before painting with emulsion?

cheers

Reply to
Slick

DOH!!! And the subject is EMULSION on lining paper ;-)

Reply to
Slick

You shouldn't get bubbles. It's likely that you're not soaking the paper for long enough, or not putting enough correctly-made paste on.

I've no idea. It doesn't sound like a good thing to do, but you never know. Try it & report back.

Reply to
Chris Bacon