Bathroom design

Hi

I have a 1980s house with original bathroom that is beginning to show its age and it is about time that it was modernised. If it had been a white suite I would consider retiling and alike but a champagne corner bath is not nice. I think the main reason that it is a corner bath is that the room measure 1600mm x 3000mm with various windows and stacks in the way so only one wall would take a normal bath.

Looking for ideas of what to do.

Loz

Reply to
lozc34

Well, put the bath there, then.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

put a normal bath on that wall ?

go round a few places like B&Q, wickes, etc. go in early in the week with some basic measurements, don't make them too detailed.

pretend you really don't know what you're doing and you're really not sure what you want. intimate that you would like the full monty and would like to pay by credit ( £ kerching £ )

get the assistant to design you a full on bathroom either on a PC or however they do it these days (I did this some time ago, now I DIY)

if you can get, convincingly, to the point where they think you will sign on the dotted line they will send round a site surveyor. behave like an innocent, play them like the fools that they are and you /might/ end up with a plan, a 3D layout, a full schedule of works /and/ a price list.

DON'T SIGN ANYTHING !

repeat until you have what you want in the way of paperwork and designs.

source the bits from sheds, independents and online. take the 3D plans and whatever useful you got from B&Q, Wickes etc. to an independent installer, if you /really/ can't DIY ;-)

agree on references, go see them, pay in stages, demand a 15% snagging final payment scheme whereby, if they don't do the job to your satisfaction, you hold back the last 15%. split any independent snagging checks with the installer.

HtH

Reply to
.

In message , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk writes

If you get hold of catalogues from the various sanitary ware makers at least some of them have little printed bits of their stuff you can cut out and play around with on a plan.

A good thing we came up with when we redid our old bathroom was to put the hand basin across a corner. We used one of those ones that sit on a counter top and jut out (forgot the name) and built a shallow fitted cupboard on the two walls and across the corner (which also hid the piping, and the toilet cistern). The basin could have just gone flat on the wall, but it made for a nicer arrangement like this, as well as giving some useful cupboard space.

you can see a piccie here:

We used a corner offset bath as it meant it gave us more space for things like a separate shower enclosure, but we aren't great bathers, mostly showers, the bath is used mostly for the kids. If i liked a good soak in the bath more often I'd want a 'proper' bath

Reply to
chris French

For the design bit there are some web-based tools like:

G.W. Walker