Slow Bath fill on new suite

Hope someone can give me some advise. I have recently had installed a new bathroom suite which has a new metro vertical 3 hole shower valve and bath filler fitted to the wall. The suite was purchased from bathstore. With the old standard taps and bath the fill rate was pretty good with good pressure, however with this new fancy gizmo it takes ages to fill the bath. The plumber (who has done a good job) says it all seems to be working correctly and I will need to get a pump fitted. Before I go down this route I would like a second opinion.
We have a bath in our en-suite and the pressure in there is fine with no problems
Any ideas?

Sounds like you've got taps which are designed for mains pressure hot and cold, but are only supplying low pressure to them from a gravity system.
When you say the 'pressure' is fine in the en-suite, you probably mean that the *flow* is fine 'cos the taps work happily with low pressure. What happens if you put your thumb over a tap spout a) in the new bathroom and b) in the en-suite, and turn on the tap. Can you stop the water coming out in both cases.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Thanks for the response. Here is what I have done.
I have tested the ensuite bath and I can hold my thumb over the hot and cold tap with them both full on. I can also do this for the sink in the en suite for the hot but not the cold (no surprise)
I am therefore assuming that you are correct and that the flow is fine but there is a lack of pressure to fill the new bath or run the new shower. I am also assuming a pump is required. An idea of a good one to buy (cheap but good) or an alternative would be very helpful
Thanks GT
On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 08:49:42 -0800 (PST), GT

I had the same problem with a new suite bought from B&Q. I asked if it was OK with gravity feed and they said "yes of course" like I was some kind of idiot. After installing it we found we now need to start filling the bath about 15 minutes before we want to get in it. I went back to B&Q, their response, "no one else has complained". I finally tracked down the manufacturer of the fancy taps and spoke to their technical department to discover they need 1 bar pressure to deliver adequate flow. Obviously with our gravity system the pressure is about 0.2 bar. Just got to work out how to mount the cold water tank on the roof...
In an earlier contribution to this discussion, Bovvered? <Bovvered?> wrote:

I hope you've got a high roof. The tank will need to be about 10 metres above the bath to get 1 bar!
--
Cheers,
Roger