Electric Shower Unit-Whats Best?

Whats a good and reliable make of a basic electric shower unit?. There is such a wide choice these days making a decision diffcult. I have looked at Triton and Redring units which seem fine?.

Regards Victor

Reply to
Victor Gi4LKG

I can recommend Mira. I had one installed 5 years ago, in a hard water area, which performed faultlessly until December. Called Mira, who have their own engineers: bloke came out between Christmas and New Year, and in snow. Replaced part with minimum fuss, total cost £80.

Reply to
SarahEmmm

I fitted 6 B&Q's Essentials ones (8.5k and 9.5k, they also do 10.8k) over the last couple of years. I think they are rebadged Miras.

They are very good value for money (£60 and £70 or so respectively) - around half price compared to equivalent Miras. The build quality is very good, and the pressure good too.

Avoid Gainsburgh ones - fitted one - total rubbish. Cheap and nasty peace of plastic, and the fittings are no better. Almost as bad as a Dyson...

Reply to
JoeJoe

Thanks a lot for the good info Joe ...

Regards Victor near Belfast