Electric oven will not reach higher temp

This one has me scratching my head a little!

I have a Baumatic oven that has decided not to get as hot as it used to. Dunno the model number (can't find it anywhere) but is a fan oven with a top element. I also thought there would be an element around the fan in the back of the oven but have checked and there isnt?? Anyway, have metered the top element and readings are as follows: Outer - 56.9 ohms Inner - 24.2 ohms

When I turn the oven on with the stat on full the element light comes on and it starts warming up, gets to about 150 C, but never goes above that. If you then turn the stat down you can hear it click at 150 C but the element light stays on?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
oldskoolskater

Test the base element situated hidden under the floor of the oven cavity.

Peter

Reply to
powerstation

Is that normally accessed from underneath the oven? There is no access panel in the bottom of the oven, nor are there any grilles to let the heat through...

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
oldskoolskater

No it is accessible from the rear, there are usually no grills slots or holes visible inside the oven.

Peter

Reply to
powerstation