Electric fan-heater in small bathroom? Legal?

I'd like to fit an electric fan heater in my small shower+WC-room. Is it legal (and safe) to do so? If so, can anyone offer any tips on doing it? I need something that is wall or ceiling-mounted because there is not enough floor-space, and floor level would be dangerous anyway, I think. Is it OK to just take any average fan-heater and fix it to a wall - and have the power feed coming to it through the wall from the next room? Does the fan-heater have to have a pull-chord on-and-off switch? (Seems advisable to me...)
Thanks
Jake
Jake wrote:

Hi
There are rules about where it can go. Look on Google for references to 'bathroom zones'. I think you'll find a pointer to the PDFs on the IEE site that have the relevant diagrams.

There are several makes designed for this. John Lewis sell the Dimplex one. Wall mounted, pull cord, etc. About 30.
HTH IanC

Jake wrote:

As long as it is a wall mount unit designed to be installed in bathrooms and the like then it is fine.

They have a pull cord built in normally. You will need to permentently wire it to your ring main via a fused connection unit.
Argos do one:-
http://tinyurl.com/p0ra
(used one of these in my workshop - seems to work quite nicely - its also pretty quiet).
--
Cheers,

John.