Electric curtains broken

Hi all glad i have found this site

My disabled mother has motorised curtains in her bedroom, this morning they have broken. The power unit appears to have broken or died.

The problem is i cant seem to operate the curtains manually (she had a similar situation in the lounge but these are operated manually now which is fine)

any ideas? i am not very diy wise :)

thanks

Reply to
noidea

In message , noidea writes

DIYBanter ?

get a man in

Reply to
geoff

What site would that be then? DIYbanter?? Oh dear. This is usenet.

What make and model curtains motors are they? Alan.

Reply to
Alan Deane

White ones ...

Reply to
geoff

Angle grinder.

Reply to
F Murtz

You lot are just being horrible now.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

A relative of mine has Swish Autoglide / Silent Gliss curtain track. They seem to be very unreliable and, on the occasions when a visitor has tried to operate them manually, it buggers them up.

Some of the old motors have been discontinued but you could try this site for refurbished units/advice:

Lewis sell (or used to sell) them. It might be worth a call to your local branch to see if they have someone on staff - or a contractor they use - that installs/repairs them.

HTH.

Reply to
mike

this is a newsgroup, not a website

appears to... does it produce the right voltage out or not?

Well, I'd start by fault finding. See if the power supply is producing powe= r or not. You need a basic multimeter for that, rapidonline do them for abo= ut =A32. Check the rail see if they cord's jammed etc. When you know what t= he problem is, we might know how to fix it.

NT

Reply to
meow2222