Edging strip ?

I have had to cut a large opening in the back of a desk unit in a fitted out study .. This back board is 20mm laminate faced chipboard.

For sake of appearance I would like to edge the opening, it is not a perfect cut .. as jigsaw at arms length is not perfect.

Some sort of stick on flexible edging ... ideally something like a hockey stick mounding in section but in flexible pvc

I tried ScrewFix & other such catalogues - no joy.

Anybody come across such stuff ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Dad used some 40 years ago :-)

Some here are described as having a lip to cover chips:

Man at B&Q

Why not just use white pvc 90 degree angle bead? Obviously the exterior will need mitres, and you can pad it out on silicone if the cut's not flat.

Reply to
Phil L

Caravan furniture uses that sort of stuff, so you might find something there. One example -www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=caravan+edging Most has a central barb, but that could be cut off?

John M

Reply to
John Miller

Ditto, except it was nearer to 50 years. Kitchen refit: 3/4 in. blockboard worktop, formica top and black PVC 'hockey stick edging' - which still seems to be available:

Andy Wade

just that 90 degree means a fair amount of trim on show ... hockey stick profile only has a narrow bead.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Because it's not very flexible, which was the OPs requirement.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I'd have thought he'd have straightened it up with a normal saw now that the hole's through. If it's left pear shaped it's going to look garbage whichever method he uses, 90deg takes a lot of it away

Reply to
Phil L

The opening some 230 x 460 is reasonably neat .. but as in OP ... it was done with jigsaw .. so not perfect ... a bead with a lip of around

2-3 mm would make it look really neat.
Reply to
Rick Hughes