Dyson DC04 on/off switch

Anyone help expose the switch on one of these please? It looks like it should be an interference fit but I can't get it out.

Thanks. Bill.

Reply to
Bill

There is a lug at the bottom of the inside, which engages in a hole on the handle. Insert something thin down the inside and lever the bottom away from the handle, whilst lifting out. Not easy as the handle gets in the way of your little lever. Bend to suit !

HTH Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

alternatively drill a small hole in the switch button so that you can undo the torx screw that retains the switch - the whole lot slides out then and it's easier to get the button off without breaking the tab. When I needed to do this google found me a site with a photo of where to drill.

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

IIIRC you have to slide a flat bladed screwdriver down the little groove on the flatside of the switch - push the button down to see it - I think the switch assembly then lifts out with the screwdriver coming out

Nik

Reply to
nnk