Opening the power switch bit of a Dyson DC04

I have a Dyson DC04STDUK with a tear in the outer insulation of the flex near where it enters. Photo here:

I want to open up the area around the power switch so I can pull the flex through (it's quite long, so losing a few inches of it won't hurt), strip back to good cable, & reconnect it. But I can't see quite how to pop that open, & I'm reluctant to use brute force. I can't find any screws. Does anyone know the magic grip for this?

(No points for saying "angle grinder".)

Thanks.

Reply to
Adam Funk

In article , Adam Funk writes

First hit from Dyson DC04 cable change youtube

Reply to
fred

Perfect, thanks very much!

(& doh!)