dual flush toilets 2

Hello,

I read that you shouldn't post to old threads (why?), so I am starting a new thread to continue my toilet troubles. Sorry for the delay, I couldn't work out how to register with flickr. I have uploaded to imageshack but it is my first time, so please don't be too critical of what I have posted ;)

I didn't rotate them before uploading, can I rotate them online?

The valve came from Screwfix in their "Avenue" suite IIRC.

My original problem is that the green button onthe top causes a small flush, or ought to. When you press it, it lifts a "weight" on the side and you can slide this up and down a little but it seems to make no difference. Looking at the water level in the cistern, it appears to use as much water as the full flush does. How can I make it a small flush?

Since my original thread, another problem is that when you press either button, often the water will not stop completely and continues to trickle into the pan until you "reset" it by pressing another button. How can I fix that?

Someone asked last time how you know which button does what. On these toilets the small flush button is smaller but you are right, there is nothing telling visitors which button to press. The problems I am having are because there is nothing telling the owner/installer what to press!

TIA

Reply to
Fred