Dry Mix

Can any kind soul tell me the correct proportions of sand to cement to make a good dry mix. I have been volunteered to work on a garden for a friend, and want to make a good job of it. I have been told that it would be best to use soft sand...any comments?

John

Reply to
John Young

What exactly is the dry mix to be used for?

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

This seems to be the stock answer for such questions...

The site is really useful for anything concrete-related.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

Sorry, I forgot to add that the dry mix was to fill between paving stones

John

Reply to
John Young

A builder I know uses the same sand used to fill the gaps between brick paviours for driverways. This is kiln dries sand ans is fine so it 'flows' more easily into the gaps. A 6 or 7 of sand to 1 cement brushed into the gaps should be ok.

Reply to
nafuk