dried/clogged colour inkjet cartridge rejuvenation tips please?

A pub or off-licence might be a better source of IPA.

Harry Stottle

IPA.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_Pale_Alehopefully not for the IPA we're on about ......

JimK

I honestly can't see why they wouldn't sell you IPA it is one of the most benign chemicals I have ever used.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It's a good idea in the current climate to keep *any* display of knowledge of chemistry/physics to yourself.

Reply to
Jethro

It wasn't they wouldn't sell it to me. They claimed they *could*n''t stock it, as it was "banned". The same story I got from a local chemists too, strangely enough. I was very tempted to take my two tins into them, and offer to supply them myself !

ATEOTD, I think it's a symptom of the changing landscape of society. When I was growing up, and into science, all my books suggested your "local chemist" as a source of various chemicals ... ammonia, various crystals, formaldehyde ... and the chemist was just that.

Now they just shift boxes :-(

Reply to
Jethro

of cosmetics

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I have no working knowledge of chemistry, but anyone with a library card can get more access to "dangerous" information than they'd ever need.

Perhaps if the government arrested anyone who walked into a public library just on the off-chance they might be trying to make an offensive weapon, rock cakes for example, the world would be a safer place.

Next on the agenda: ban science and physics lessons in school, and teach the kids nothing about the most common religion in their own country in case it offends a minority somehow...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I forgot to say, IPA is/was used to clean the glass on cockpit instruments when I was working.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Jethro saying something like:

Bullshit. The more Talibugger sympathisers that blow their hands off in the preparation of backpacks the better. Ideally they'd find dangerously incomplete articles on making their bum bombs.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon