Double-glazing seals

Hi all,

Is there an easy way to "beef up" the seals on our double glazing? I've noticed (on a house we bought six months ago) that there are draughts coming from around the window openings (where the moving part meets the frame) around most windows.

Is there any easy way of getting replacement seals and is it simply a matter of ripping the old seals off, then sticking on the new seals (are they self-adhesive?)?

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Andy Jeffries

A friend of mine had this in a house he bought where the windows hadn't been opened in the 10 years since the dg had been fitted. He bought a box with I think 30m of sealing strip from a local dg company for quite a reasonable price. It fitted into a groove in the window profile but for some reason I didn't understand, he decided to super-glue it in as well :-) .. Made an amazing difference to the sound from outside which made me realize the sound insulation effect of dg mainly comes from the superior seals and not the dg ..

Reply to
BillR

Open the window and have a look where the latch catches on the frame. I loosened moved and tightened all of mine. Made a hell of a difference..

Reply to
GHOTI

Reply to
Andrew