Double glazed windows spares..

Hi, apologies for the lack of terminology..

Several of my DG windows are now difficult to close, because one or more of the vertical plastic slider plates connecting the upper pane arm, and the lower caliper arm has broken, which means that I have to guide the pane into place manually in order to close.

Does this make sense?

If so..

Questions: What is this broken bit called? Any suggestions for purchase? Best way of installing?

I Thank you!

Bramblestick

Reply to
Bramblestick

of these right?

You'll probably need a pop riveter if it's a metal frame. The 17mm/13mm refers to the thickness of the stack of levers, not the width of the slot it fits in.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Several of mine have gone like this - an old bike spoke is ideal for hooking the sagging window into place to close it. 'Top-hung' has the hinges on the sides (transom) and 'side-hung' has the hinges top and bottom! If your windows are oldish (mine are 20 yo), the channel for the hinge might be too narrow for modern hinges, but there's usually an overhanging bit where you can cut off 2 - 3 mm. If the trim is all towards the inside, the closing might be a bit tight at the last bit.

Reply to
PeterC

Many thanks, I had wondered if I could just replace the slidey bit, but the hinges look reasonably priced.

Cheers, Bramblestick

Reply to
Bramblestick

We got home one day and found our teenage son looking sorrowfully at a broken hinge - he'd tried to shut the window too quickly and it'd died.

Including driving to Shrewsbury to get the hinges it only took an hour and a half to fix it. And a fair bit of that was spent looking for the pop rivets.

Reply to
Skipweasel