Adjusting Double glazed windows

Hi.

Noticed in this cold weather that one window doesn't close as flush to the frame as it could/should.

Any pointers on how to rectify, recently bought the house and windows have been in a while...

Cheers :-)

Reply to
Dwill

When I had this problem it was down to poor frame fitting by the installers. Is your gap near the wall? If so it could be due to the same mechanism. Solution is to remove some of the frame screws and adjust the packers. - a summer job! For now a bit of foam draught excluder should fix the problem.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

When I had this problem it was due to failed hinges. Replaced the two hinges and it was fine. You measure the length of the hinge where its screwed to frame, mine was 16 inches, and get it at a glass shop, =A315 for two. Or to be sure take out window and take hinge to shop to get the correct replacement, depending on size of window you may need help from someone to hold window while you unscrew hinges but its all done from the inside.

Reply to
comp.zrch.embedded