Doorbell help

I've started working at home at the back of the house and can't hear the doorbell. The bell is mains powered and the ringer sits in the fuse box cupboard above the front door. What is the easiest way to rig something up so I can hear it in my home office? thx

E.

Reply to
eastender

A baby alarm.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

You could replace the bell with a wireless system and re-site the ringer so you can hear it throughout the ground floor.

Some wireless systems have a portable ringer that you can carry around the house with you.

Reply to
Bruce

Use a doorbell extender. It is a transmitter wired into the wired circuit which transmits to a radio doorbell which can either be battery or mains powered.

Something like this

have a Friedland kit which is reliable and works well over 15m through two block walls

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

I installed some wireless bells.

Reply to
Huge

Thanks - that looks like the job. Is it easy to install?

E.

Reply to
eastender

You need an intercom so you can shout at people not to leave - if it's that far you can't hear it they'll just go before you get there.

Reply to
mogga

Good idea - is there a wireless one I can just bolt by the door?

E.

Reply to
eastender

Very - instructions are clear

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

I can get at the wires to the bell - is this where I need to wire in a sender?

E.

Reply to
eastender

Yes - can't remeber exactly. There are three terminals in the extender and two connect to the bell. As I said the instructions are clear. This is the ref to the Friedland site - cant quickly find any instructions but this pdf contains the info on the extender

Reply to
Malcolm