Dog Urine Smell

I seem to remember that Bicarbonate of Soda can kill the smell of animal urine. I need to kill the smell from my son's puppy from a timber floor. If I wash the floor in a bicarbonate of soda solution what concentration do I need to use.

Kevin

Reply to
Zen83237

google urinoff.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Dunno about dog pee smells, but bleach gets rid of the smell of cat pee. SWMBO says she uses two parts bleach to one part water.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

You can get urine odour neutralisers from pet stores, names along the lines of 'piss off.'

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Yup - Simple Solution's 'Stain & Odour Remover' certainly does the trick and is ideal as a general stain remover, particularly 'biological' ones as it contains enzymes that apparently digest the stain (whatever the theory it certainly works in practice against anything our cat can deliver).

I prefer your brand name though!

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Don't bother. A spot of bleach, dollop of disinfectant, hot water, mop and bucket works very well.

Reply to
Mr Pounder