Do Screwfix Have A Street Presence .?

Someone has posted a message in a local ( Glasgow) newsgroup saying that they heard Screwfix are opening a shop locally .I've never heard of any Screwfix shops ...Has anyone else .?? Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

- click the "help" tab and then "trade counters" on the left.

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1

There's a trade counter in Luton which I've used a number of times. It's near the demolished B&Q warehouse and Watford Electronics. It's open 7 days a week. There's no showroom there, although you can ask to look at a product and they will fetch it out for you.

Reply to
andrew

Well,well,well......I never knew that . Thanks mark . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Is it limited stock? Can you return any screwfix products, that were order via mail order?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

If it's like Bristol, they'll actually fetch out no more than two at a time, of random selections of unrelated products from adjacent shelves. It's convenient having the trade counter there, but their picking accuracy is terrible.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I don't know about the stock issue (not noticed any difference to mail order i.e. the item you *really* want is the one they don't have), but the refunds policy at the Bristol counter wrt the return of mail order goods is that whilst they can accept them the actual refund is subsequently carried out by the mail order people - all to do with ensuring the respective books balance. This wasn't the case when it first opened (no mail order refunds). Exchanges are not a problem.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

ROTFL!

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

I've been to the new one in Enfield, North London as I got a letter about it (obviously in the catchment area). Since having gone there I discovered they already had one in North West London but they seem to keep it all low key.

They seem to have pretty much everything except the large stuff. They've been out of stock a few times though.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

They've always had what I want in stock, and I don't recall hearing them telling anyone else that some item was out of stock.

No idea.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You can't do it the other way round, in other words purchases from a trade counter have to be returned to that counter rather than by the normal mail order route. This can be a pain.

Peter.

Reply to
PJK