dishwasher problem (revisited)

A month ago I posted "Dear board,

I own a Zanussi DCS14S Compact (Table top)dishwasher, and like all appliances it has broken down after the warranty period!

My problem is it thinks there is water still in the machine and continues to try an empty itself. I cannot start a new wash program

as it thinks it has still to compete the last one.

I have chucked a pint of water in it to try and see if this cures the problem, but all it did was suck this out and then

want some more!!!!!!!!!

A quick look around the machine and everything appears OK

Please help

Thanks in advance "

Thanks for the guidance, especially from "BigWallop" who said

"Debris in the fill level pressure switch system. It means taking the casing off the machine and looking for a thin rubber hose connected to a little plastic bottle shaped container fitted near the bottom of the inner tub lining. The rubber hose and bottle will probably be filled with muck and soap residue and needs cleaned out.

Pouring a kettle full of boiling water in the machine and leave it lying with the door closed for a while may help to clean it out, but more likely it needs physically cleaned in the sink before putting it all back together. Don't touch the electrical switching end of the rubber hose, just remove the hose and bottle assembly, and pour boiling water through them, or steep them in a sink full of boiling water and blow through them to make sure they're properly clean and clear."

Unfortunately the problem has come back again. I have once again checked and can't see any blockages.

I have found away to temporarily clear the problem.. This is to tilt the washer, I assume it is away from the pressure level system,

but I'm not to sure.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm desperate not to give Currys any more of my money !!!!!!!

Once again

Thanks in advance

Reply to
john Smith

Assuming it is similar to a 'full size' machine, I'd suspect the level sensor is blocked. Look for a disc link object, high in the machine, with a thin pipe to the drain system. The disc will also have some wires.

Chances are the blockage is in the thin pipe or where it joins the other pipe work.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Did the technique of the boiling water actually help the last time?

You have to remember that fat and things don't look black and murky, but can actually look like see through plastic when it gets stuck inside the little bottle and hose of these appliances. You really do have to remove the hose from the pressure switch end and physically blow through it to make sure it is totally clean and clear. The smallest bit of gunk stuck in the hose, or opening to the little bottle, will stop the water level sensor from working properly.

It might be time to remove them, and make sure you steep them in boiling water in the kitchen sink, to clear them out properly. You won't damage anything by just pulling the little thin hose off the pressure switch. The pressure switch looks like a small circular plastic can with wires connected to one side of it. Just don't touch the wires.

Reply to
BigWallop