Dishwasher pressure chamber.

Hi there,

Our 6 year old Siemens integrated dishwasher broke down and today it got repaired, I came home from school and I found out that he replaced the "pressure chamber", the old one was on the worktop.

I am interested to find out what that part actually does, so could anyone explain please?

Reply to
David

A piccy might help.

Without one my guess is it's the device that checks if the water has reached the correct fill level.

Reply to
pjlusenet

Thanks, it is exactly like this one:

David

guessed right! Looks very similar to one in my Neff dishwasher. The red part is actually a float. When the machine fills with water the float rises and activates a microswitch to turn the water off.

My Neff stopped washing properly and I fixed it by giving that part a good clean. It had been covered in grease and muck which caused it activate the trigger when there was too little water, which in turn lead to a very weak spray.

I'd tried dishwasher cleaner but it never touched this area of the machine.

Can't recall what the yellow bit does.

Reply to
pjlusenet

> The red part is actually a float.

It operates the other microswitch: dishwashers need to sense both "enough water to wash" and "drained properly".

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

one:

> I guessed right!

Thanks, it was filled with grease but the guy who repaired it (from Siemens I believe) just replaced it instead of cleaning it.

On the packet was written: Original pressure chamber, suitable for Neff, Bosch and Siemens.

Reply to
David