designing a central heating and hotwater system

Page 3 of 4

< snip fishface drivel>
It is exactly the same as a thermal stores secondary loop, of which you have no experience of whatsoever.
You obviously come on this ng to be educated, as your knowledge is sparse to say the least.
< snip more fishface drivel>

His bathroom probably IS the kitchen.

Such wit.

Good of you to notice :-)
writes

work anyway
--
geoff

Mike wrote:

He runs his heating of the bacterial decomposition of his stale sweat and verbal flatulence.
He read the word 'drivel' in a book once, but doesn't understand what it means.

You need a prize for not resorting to >SNIP DRIVEL< Dave. In this case it would have been most appropriate

I live in hope of tempting him into actually discussing something. As his encyclopedic knowledge of maker's specs is sometimes quite useful. And would love to discover it went beyond simply quoting other's material. But sadly, I doubt it.
If I ever get bored enough, I'll find out what John *really* does do for a living.
--
*I don't have a solution, but I admire your problem. *

<snip off topic drivel>
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

<snip drivel>
Misinformation not worth reading.

<snip drivel>
Misinformation not worth reading. .
writes

--
geoff

Maxie, where else?

Two in the loft. One in the bathroom. One in the toilet and a pair in the kitchen.

See Maxie, he has few to sell.
writes

--
geoff

Mike wrote:

Hey guys
What a response.
Its funny that not matter how you pose a question on here about heating/hotwater it always ends with combis in the red corner and conventional systems in the green corner, fighting it out. LOL
I feel that I'm a well confident DIYer having now nearly completed the whole house extension myself. Wouldn't choose a combi for its convenience unless it fits the bill.
Andy - I've sent away for that book so will take a few evenings reading that.
With combis its even more important to get the piping sizes correct and design right to prevent hot water not feeding enough sources (kitchen, shower etc.)
It is still bothering me that having two showers in use in the morning is still gonna be a problem with a combi. Plus the missus likes a bath and not sure that she has the patients to wait for it.
Thermal stores - any suggestions on them please.
What sort of cylinder should I go for if i go down the convential route?
duncan well at least i'll have all weekend to read the response lol

A waist of time for a DIYer doing a one-off.

The hot and cold water pipes must be sized right, but that is ballpark

More old wives tales again. There are high flow combi's around that will do two showers and fill a bath pronto.

Go Heat bank not a thermal store. There is a difference http://www.heatweb.com
"Integrated" heat banks are available that are pretty idiot proof. They come complete with all controls, pumps, etc. You mount your boiler, connect up the boiler flow and return pipes to the heat bank, connect up the flow and return of the rad circuit from the heat bank, supply power to the heat bank control box, run a wire to the room stat, run a wire to the boiler and connect up the cold mains and hot water draw-off pipes. Simple, and a state of the art solution.
More expensive, but as you are doing it yourself a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a professional in.