designing a central heating and hotwater system

Put the combi in the loft and have a secondary circulation pump to ensure instant water at all taps.

Reply to
IMM

I'm pondering why you're so keen on the 'one box' solution for simplicity of fitting for useless plumbers and self proclaimed 'heating engineers' who can't cope with external tanks, pumps and flow share valves, but recommend using a secondary circulation pump and the extra pipework and skills this involes?

Of course I don't expect an answer. To save your fingers for better things I'll include a line for you to just quote:-

(snip drivel)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , Mike writes

It probably doesn't matter anyway, since he can never get his boiler to work anyway

Reply to
raden

In message , IMM writes

Well, that's one website you failed to read correctly then ...

Reply to
raden

He achieves his remarkable energy efficiency by never washing.

He runs his heating of the bacterial decomposition of his stale sweat and verbal flatulence.

He read the word 'drivel' in a book once, but doesn't understand what it means.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I reckon he's a primary school teacher. And spare time child molester.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why not put it in Milton Keynes?

Could use all teh waste heat to keep ice off the A5.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I thought he had more piars of underpants than that...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

incomprehensible babble.

Reply to
IMM

Positive thinking.

Reply to
IMM

I'm visualising one of the "commoner" range of combis (not one of dimms exceptions to the norm) with a circulation pump from the hot water tap system pumping back round to the cold water inlet thus maintaining a continuous flow through its water flow detection circuit. We all know what the combi will do under those circumstances - switch to hot water duty and refuse to produce heat to the radiators. Another of dimms not thought through ideas!

Reply to
John

Fishface here hasn't a clue, not a clue!!!! You have a pipe stat on the secondary circulation pipe, so when up to temperature the secondary circulation pump is switched off and the combi reverts back to CH mode. All secondary circulation loops must be lagged to retain the heat in the loop.

And this one goes around working on people's equipment!!! I despair!

Reply to
IMM

If you despair, everyone else must be shatting themselves when you come calling then !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

So it's constantly cycling regardless of water use and firing up the combi? Is this where you get your efficiency figures for boilers from - not?

Others might well just despair of your constant knee jerk responses given without the benefit of a single brain cell.

IMM. The last M stands for misinformation.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

At least dimm gave it a bit more thought this time. Seems a shame to now have to add in a non return valve to stop water drawn off from the hot tap taking a short route via the cold supply and the hot water loop return. Of course he'll now claim he "meant" to say this all the time

At this rate > Others might well just despair of your constant knee jerk responses given

Hear hear!

Reply to
John

< snip fishface drivel>

It is exactly the same as a thermal stores secondary loop, of which you have no experience of whatsoever.

You obviously come on this ng to be educated, as your knowledge is sparse to say the least.

< snip more fishface drivel>
Reply to
IMM

So, have you completed your design