Dual central heating system

Hi , I have an existing solid fuel heating system and I want to connect up an oil fired boiler to it.

Please advise on how I should plumb it, I believe I should use some check valves but not sure where they should go or what type is best spring or flap. Also do I need another circulating pump ?

thanks

Fred

Reply to
Fred

I think we need to know whats there now, whats going to be added and what you want it to do.

Reply to
kenny b

There is an existing solid fuel boiler, with gravity system on hot cylinder and radiator teed off this with a pump. My understanding is that I can just tee into the main flow and return with my flow and return from my oil fired boiler. I was told that I need to put in check valves so that I don't turn the out of use boiler into a radiator that just puts heat up the flue. The other question was do I need a second pump to drive the water into the Oil burner instead of the solid fuel.

I appreciate any advise or a link to a site that has a suggested flow circuit drawing

thanks Fred

Reply to
Fred

In the UK, we have these things called Dunsley Neutralisers that allow gravity circulation from a solid fuel system and a separate boiler to be installed. They are fail safe in that whatever happens, the solid fuel circuit will still circulate, rather than blowing up the range/stove.

I don't know if US practice is different.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle