How do you plumb a dual central heating system

Hi , I have an existing solid fuel heating system and I want to connect up an oil fired boiler to it.

Please advise on how I should plumb it, I believe I should use some check valves but not sure where they should go. Also do I need another circulating pump

thanks

Fred

Reply to
Fred

How do you expect someone to answer you post with so little information on such a complicated system?

Reply to
Greg-EE

You need to look at the system in 2 parts, heat source and distribution. Now you're adding a second heat source, so it has to be plumbed in tandem, or parallel with the existing source.

Use check valves to prevent one source from heating the other unused source.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Well I suppose I thought someone with more expierience than me might be able to give me some info. or perhaps a typical flow circuit showing where the check valves would go etc. Apologies if this is oversimplfying things. What more info would I need to give.

Reply to
Fred

Is one type of check valve more suited than the other i.e. spring or flap type

Thanks for the reply,

Fred

Reply to
Fred