Need help With Stuck Steam Pipe

I have an old house that uses steam heat. I installed tile in my first floor bathroom and I need to replace the steam pipe because it's too short. After hours of trying, I reallly mangled the end of the pipe with a pipe wrench. The other problem is the pipe is encased in concrete, because the bathroom is an add-on. The pipe is 8 inches into the concrete. I can get to the beginning of the pipe, but not the elbow that is stuck.

How can I remove this stuck steam pipe? Is there a tool that will go down into a steam pipe and grind it away from the inside? A cutting torch is not long enough and seems dangerous.

Thanx

Reply to
Vito Cavallo

There is such a thing as an internal pipe whench. It goes on the inside of the pipe.

Reply to
Ned Flanders