Cutting Plastic Bath Panel

I need to cut some pieces out of a plastic bath panel. It is for a corner bath, so curved in two planes, about 5mm thick. Attempts with a hacksaw have so far proven the panel to be extremely brittle & prone to crack. I don't have much hope that a jigsaw will be any better. Any ideas or experience to share?

Thanks for your replies.

Paul Shortman.

Reply to
Paul Shortman

A sharp stanley I usually find ok, have cut do a few repeat cut though.

Dave Jones

Reply to
Dave Jones

On a related note, there is a small crack in the top of our plastic bath panel (only a few mm at the moment so you cant normally see it as it is tucked up behind the rim of the bath) - is there anything I can put on the back to stop/slow the crack spreading?

cheers

Dave.

Drill a small hole *RIGHT* at the end of the crack the round hole should stop further cracking, if you want to 'hide' it then you can put some tape behind it and fill with a suitable colour of silicone or something.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Use a padsaw or similar with a very pronounced "set", using the narrow tip of the blade, not pushing too hard! A jigsaw should also be OK, but if it "bounces" you risk shattering your panel.

J.B.

Reply to
Jerry Built