Curtains

We have heavy duty black out curtains in the master bedroom. Problem is that the sun is shinning through where the curtains end. I have tried bluetack etc to pin the curtains to the wall. This don't seem to work very well. Apart from drawing pins, 6" nails and the angle grinder does anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Rise with the sun, go to bed at sun down, save all the hassle. Early morning this time of year are really not something to miss.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Remodel the windows like this?

Nick Odell

Frame round sides and top Velcro Painting part of the frame black behind the edges makes a difference too, as what lights comes through has bounced off the frame

NT

Reply to
NT

Wear black sleep masks - fixed with a dab of black slilcone for extra security

Reply to
Unbeliever

In message , Mr Pounder wrote

Velcro - you can get it with a self adhesive backing - 100s of sellers on ebay

Reply to
Alan

Why is that a problem?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

And remove them in the morning with an angle grinder...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

An arm that the curtain slips behind near the rail. I guess you need something that is springy enough to hold it if they are heavy duty.. I have done this, not I have the issue of the gap at the top of course where the raile is....

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Frame round sides and top Velcro Painting part of the frame black behind the edges makes a difference too, as what lights comes through has bounced off the frame

NT

Without the frame do you think the Velcro will be easy to remove from the curtains and the emulsion wall paper?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Thanks to all that replied.

Reply to