Cupboard Door Q

Hi

I want to hang a couple of 2' x 5' cupboard doors. They're 15mm conti. I got a few questions:

Should I be using 26mm or 35mm kitchen cupboard-type concealed hinges? (whats the difference?)

How many per door?

These hinges are intended to be used with 18mm doors not 15mm, would I need to put a piece of 3mm packing on the door where the hinge goes? Or not?

Thanks, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

One requires a 26mm blind hole to be cut in the door, the other a 35mm hole. Cuting that hole takes some care, because you have to stop about

1-2mm from the far side in order for the hinge to be "hidden".

The smaller hinges tend to be used on smaller doors, the bigger hinges tend to be used on larger doors. There's no precise deal with this.

For that size of door you most likely need 4x36mm per door to take the weight. Minimum 3 per door.

I've never seen anything but 15mm hinges. Are you sure you are referring to the right dimensions?

The cupboard-side of the hinge invariably has a set of adjustments which can take up about 3mm of alignment, so it's possible that your

15-18mm dimension refers to that.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Right, ty.

Check your screwfix catalog, its clear that theyre intended for 18mm thick chip, I have 15mm. They require an 11.2mm deep 35mm hole, so I probably could sink that in 15mm chip, with sufficient care.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton