cup wire brush for angle grinder

I was looking for a wire brush to de-rust an old chassis prior to re-painting and saw screwfix do a range by titan. Problem is they are all limited to 4500 rpm and my angle grinder has a no load speed of 6500. Checking the screwfix range all the angle grinders seem to exceed 4500rpm.

Can anyone recommend a wire cup brush, the knotted aggressive variety, with

14mm screw thread that can be used in an angle grinder with 6500 rpm limit?

AJH

Reply to
andrew

as you press on to the chassis the revs will drop....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

In message , andrew writes

My 5" angle grinder has variable speed. Why not invest? Whatever speed you use, your woolly jumper will end up festooned with bits of wire.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

oooops

your wallet ready

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

IIRC the silverline ones are specced to at least 11,000 rpm, and have worked fine for me.

NT

Reply to
NT

Assume 115mm angle grinder?

Where does it say they are limited to 4500rpm?

If it has an M14 thread its designed for an angle grinder - it wouldn't fit anything else AFAIK.

I've used the Titan ones on my 115mm Site angle grinder (10,000rpm) extensively without problems. I used the Bosch version on the same job and noticed no difference in longevity or performance - just a big difference in price.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

On the backing cup.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll avoid Titan in the future ( it disintegrated 20 seconds into the job).

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Oh. When I used Titan they were as good as the more expensive Bosch.

Got a link to the one you used?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Anything decent with an M14 thread is usually rated to 10k rpm. I limit myself to twisted cups though, as they throw fewer wires. I also wear a leather apron.

Mine are Toolstation cheapies.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

..but unfortunately not always. Wire brushes are known for their tendency to be relatively low speed rated. I've even seen 115mm cutting discs rated at 6500rpm

NT

Reply to
NT

47965 screwfix on their 110V Site 9" which is a slow grinder

AJH

Reply to
andrew

Sorry, though you were talking about 115mm grinders.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman