Corrugated roofing

When screwing corrugated roofing onto the purlins, is it normal to have humpy-profiled stuff between the purlin and the roofing sheet?

I was planning to insert the screws on the ridges of the corrugatons, not the troughs, to minimise leaks. The humpy-profile stuff would prevent the sheet deforming if I over-tightened the roofing screws. Or I could just not over-tighten the screws, which seems simpler.

The project it a wood store for firewood logs.

R.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

On 08 May 2014, Ron Lowe grunted:

Humpy-profile (TM) stuff here:

(or

Lobster

not needed though. Primarily useful for draughtproofing.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The eves filler also helps to stop the stuff rattling in the wind. The thin stuff usually has plastic spacers to go between the purlin and the sheet to stop it distorting when screwed down.

Reply to
dennis

Corrugated what? If its plastic, they tend to crack where the screws are, but faster if they are under pressure. I've seen many remains of car ports made of that stuff. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You may have seen mine.. it only lasted 32 years.

Reply to
dennis